Monday, November 12, 2007

Photo tips for moms

I am trying something new. I hope I don't offend anyone with this (it isn't at all my intent)I am going to start giving out some tips. There have been so many times when people will ask me to look at their pics and give them my opinion. And so many times their pictures could have been so much better had they done something differently.

Tip #1: BABIES
When photographing a baby, especially a newborn, try to use as much natural light as possible. The flash (or misused studio lights) have a way of just killing all those soft baby features you want to remember.
Get close ups of those cute butt cheeks or tiny fingers and toes. It's also fun to get a shot of mommy or daddy's hands holding baby's hands, feet, head, butt, etc. Down the road it's very cool to see the size difference change.
If you are using a regular point and shoot camera try out the macro setting (little flower) to zoom in on those precious little parts

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Okie dokie Doodle Bop! I'll remember this...or just have you do my pictures...HAHA!

Leah said...

no offense taken, your tips will be greatly appreciated!